Application Deadline: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 5PM
The Inuit Art Foundation is seeking to hire a full-time Education Officer to work on its Inuit Artist Database from September 2018 – March 2019. The Education Officer will work with IAF staff, Inuit artists and other cultural institutions to assist with the promotion and growth of the IAD in order to highlight the contributions of Inuit artists to Canada’s national artistic heritage as well as to Inuit self-determination. In addition, the Education Officer will help to expand, coordinate and promote the Inuit Artist Database’s public outreach Edit-a-Thon program.
The IAF is seeking a candidate with the following profile for the placement:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in art history, information studies, visual arts, museum studies or related field;
- Previous experience working in a cultural institution or non-profit;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in order to meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite with experience with database software considered an asset; and
- Meets the Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage eligibility requirements.
Foundational knowledge of Inuit art will be considered a strong asset.
Contract Dates: September 24, 2018 – March 29, 2019
Hourly Wages: $15.00 per hour
Interested applicants should submit a letter of intent and resume to email@example.com by 5PM on Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Inuit Art Foundation is committed to diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply.