The Inuit Art Foundation is seeking applicants for a short-term contract as an Archives Assistant.
Application Deadline: May 15th, 2019 at 5PM
The Inuit Art Foundation is seeking to hire a full-time Archives Assistant to digitize the material from the IAF archive from June – August, 2019. The Archives Assistant will work with IAF staff and other cultural institutions to bring forward integral information through the digitization of the IAF’s archive. This will highlight the contributions of Inuit artists to Canada’s national artistic heritage as well as to Inuit self-determination.
The IAF is seeking a candidate with the following profile for the placement:
• A Bachelors or Masters degree in art history, information studies, visual arts, museum studies or related field;
• Previous experience working in a cultural institution or non-profit;
• Exceptional attention to detail;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in order to meet deadlines;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite with experience with database software considered an asset.
Foundational knowledge of Inuit art will be considered a strong asset.
Contract Dates: 9 weeks (3 June – 2 August 2019)
Hourly Wage: $17.00 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 9:00 am–5:00pm
Interested applicants should submit a letter of intent and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM on May 15th, 2019.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Inuit Art Foundation is committed to diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply.