Deadline: Tuesday, August 27th, 2019 at 5PM
The Inuit Art Foundation is seeking to hire a full-time Inuit Artist Biographical and Archival Research Officer from September 2019 to March 2020.The Research Officer will work with IAF staff, Inuit artists and other cultural institutions to digitize and catalogue artist interviews, internal documents and artworks in the IAF’s holdings, as well as conducting original research where necessary to create biographical profiles of Inuit artists from across Canada in order to highlight their contributions to Canada’s national artistic heritage as well as to Inuit self-determination. In addition, the Research Officer will help to publicize the information contained in the database online through the IAF’s website, newsletter and social media platforms.
The IAF is seeking a candidate with the following profile for the Research Officer Placement:
– A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in art history, visual arts, archives and records management, museum studies or related field;
– Meets the Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage eligibility requirements.
– Previous experience working in a cultural institution or non-profit;
– Exceptional attention to detail;
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
– Strong interpersonal skills;
– Ability to plan, organize and prioritize in order to meet deadlines;
– Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, experience with database software considered an asset;
– Foundational knowledge of Inuit art considered an asset.
Contract Dates: September 16, 2019 – March 31, 2020
Hourly Wages: $17.00 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Interested applicants should submit a letter of intent and resume as a single pdf with the subject “YCW Research Officer” to email@example.com by 5PM on Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Inuit Art Foundation is committed to diversity and encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply.