The IAF is seeking applications for three positions on its Board of Directors. The Board plays a vital role in ensuring the IAF fulfills its mission to connect Inuit artists with opportunities by determining policy, strategic direction, programming priorities and overseeing senior management.
Please apply to join the board if you:
- Appreciate the Inuit art landscape in all its forms, including the visual arts, performance, film and literary arts
- Are interested in addressing the changes facing the Inuit art landscape, including evolving markets, supporting cultural resurgence and artistic self-determination
- Want to create opportunities for Inuit artists to create and connect throughout the circumpolar world and beyond
- Are an artist or have other experience in the arts, including program development, human resources, finances and supporting emerging talent
The Board is particularly looking for candidates who:
- Live and work in Nunavut and Nunavik
- Speak Inuktut and/or
- Have experience with talent development, organizational change and succession planning
If you don’t possess all of the qualifications listed but are enthusiastic about joining the Board, please don’t hesitate to apply! We strongly encourage applications from Inuit, Black, Indigenous, and racialized people, people with disabilities, all genders and the LGBTQ2S+ community. Please note: two of the three open positions are reserved for Inuit applicants only.